As a Nissan dealership located in the great city of Irvine, we feel that we owe it to you to show you just how awesome this city is. You might not know it, but there are plenty of events going on that you and your whole family will enjoy. We are proud to offer business in such a beautiful city and be located close to popular tourist attractions like the Irvine Spectrum Center (it’s a great place to go on lunch breaks!) Here are 5 events that you can take part of today!
1) Cars and Coffee. Every Saturday morning, car enthusiasts gather to sip coffee and enjoy all the different cars locals have to offer, including concepts, hotrods, classics, motorcycles and motor-spot. Did we mention it’s free? All you need to pay for is your cup of Joe! For more information, you can visit their website at: http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/
2) Farmers Market. Location: Irvine Regional Park. Not only will you enjoy organic produce, artisan bread, specialty nuts, Mediterranean and Hispanic food items at this Farmer’s Market, but as it is located in Irvine Regional Park, so you and the kids can make a day of it with train rides, pony rides, the OC Zoo, playgrounds, picnic tables and walking paths.
3) Easter Eggstravaganza. March 29th – April 19th, 2014. Location: Irvine Park Railroad. This will be an Easter egg hunt your kids will never forget. They will be with many kids their own age (and maybe even make a new friend) as they participate in the egg hunt, where each egg is filled with a prize or candy. The hunt begins daily at 10 a.m. and tickets must be purchased on the day of the event. Kids will receive a wristband to get in. This event is for children who are between 2 to 12 years old. In addition to the main Easter egg hunt, kids can partake in cookie decorating, face painting, bunny bounce house, carnival games, train rides, pictures with the Easter bunny, hay rides, pony rides, bike and paddle rentals, great food and more!
4) Comedy Open Mic. Location: Paradise Perks Espresso and Tea Bar. Paradise Perks is the place to be in Irvine! Discover local talent as they always are showcasing live music on Friday and Saturday nights. Come on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month to experience Comedy Nights, which is divided into 2 parts: Open Mic (7-8pm) and Featured Comics (8pm-9pm). If you’re feeling particularly brave, head over around 6:30 to sign up for Open Mic (performances are 5 minutes). Comics perform for 15 minutes. Find more information here: http://www.paradiseperks.com/
5) Old Town Irvine Walking Tour. Location: La Quinta Inn & Suites – meet in hotel lobby. Every first Sunday of the month, you have the chance to step back in time as you explore the rich history of Irvine. This walking tour reveals what life was like in the early 1900′s, giving you glimpses of what used to be the bean granry, blacksmith shop and boarding house. The walking tour is approximately one hour and is offered by the Irvine Historical Society. If interested, please make a reservation. Find more information here: http://www.irvineranchhistory.com/tours.html
We hope that you find this list helpful when planning out what you will be doing for fun with your family in the Orange County area. Irvine has plenty of attractions for people of all age and sizes. Tell us what 2014 events you will be attending in the comments below!